An Old Farmer's
fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
skunks, lawyers and bankers at a distance.
* Life is
simpler when you plow around the stump.
* A bumble
bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled.
don't jes' happen overnight.
your enemies. It messes up their heads.
* Do not
corner something that you know is meaner than you.
* It don't
take a very big person to carry a grudge.
cannot unsay a cruel word.
path has a few puddles.
* When you
wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
* The best
sermons are lived, not preached.
* Most of
the stuff people worry about ain't never
gonna happen anyway.
* Don't judge folks by their relatives.
* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
* Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get
older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.
* Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
* Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
* Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
* The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with,
watches you from the mirror every mornin'.
* Always drink upstream from the herd.
* Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than
puttin' it back in.
* If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try
orderin' somebody else's dog around.
* Live simply. Love generously. Care
deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...