|Patrol Squadron Two
2020 Reunion Cancelled
Good morning, all.
The Executive Board has reviewed available information on the coronavirus and determined that it is in the best interests of the Association and you, the members, to cancel the reunion scheduled for Jacksonville in October. Consideration was given to:
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) has determined that the high risk group for coronavirus includes all those over the age of 70.
- All of our members are over the age of 70.
- It has been recommended that high risk individuals avoid flying and crowds.
- There are no firm estimates as to when the coronavirus outbreak will peak or how long it will last.
- If the decision were delayed and we cancelled later we could be exposed to penalties that are beyond the ability of the Association to fund.
- In the first six weeks only three members registered for the reunion
We hope you all will recognize the risks associated with coronavirus and understand why the Executive Committee has taken action to cancel.
When the coronavirus is no longer a danger, your Executive
Committee will discuss and plan the next reunion, hopefully in 2021.
Stay Safe and Best Regards,
274 Plantation Rd
Houston TX 77024
1st Vice President
54 Westview Ln
Lebanon NH 03766
2nd Vice President
98-1820 Kaahumanu St Apt PPearl City HI 96782
18821 185th Ave NE
Woodinville WA 98077
1900 Franklin Drive
Glenview IL 60026
Floyd D. Palmer
213 Woodhill Ct.Mankato MN 56001
The VP-2 Association is organized and operated specifically to honor and perpetuate the memories of shipmates who served in Patrol Squadron Two. The Association is a tax exempt organization [501(c)(19) and IRC170(c)(3)] which allows donations to the association to qualify as a personal income tax exemption.
Association membership consists of military veterans who have served in VP-2, and their spouses, widows and children. Dues are $20 for two years, payable in January of even numbered years. Shipmates who served in VP2 prior to 1947 and widows of shipmates are not required to pay dues. (Donations are gratefully accepted.) Reunions are currently being held every even numbered year. Those persons interested in becoming members are required to submit a completed membership data sheet and a dues payment to the Association's Secretary. Read an introductory note and get the data sheet.